Monday, January 24, 2011

Fill In The Blanks

Hello and egad. I am excited about going back to NSW in 1 week and 3 days for a holiday (but who’s counting? Oh that’s right – I am). While I’m there, I plan on eating my body weight in sushi and Krispy Kreme. In preparation for my trip, I am planning on making a hair straightener cosy, altering what I am referring to as my summer dresses, and have called my friends and told them that they’d better be excited to see me. In the meantime, I will bore everybody to death by talking about my trip.

The countdown is on, and I’m positively gleeful about the whole thing. There are a few things on my to-do list that I’m hoping to get done before I go though.


1. Organise a craft room (DONE!)

Susie and I turned the spare room into a bonafide craft room. It’s fan-snazzy. We spent one day last week using the hand trolley, and carting random crap…. I mean, beloved items from my family's past… down to the basement. We then set up the trestle table, my stereo, some incense, and all other manner of necessary crafty items in the room.

Photobucket

It’s still looking a little un-crafty in there because Susie wants to be able to easily convert it into a guest room if people come to stay. I plan on stealthing arty-facts in there while she’s not looking.

2. Make Jake’s birthday present

My friend Jake has requested a handmade birthday present – a mobile cosy with a dragon on it. I spent a few days debating how I was going to do it (appliqué, embroidery, fabric paint, gluing a picture from a magazine on it and pretending that that’s an awesome art style), and decided upon appliqué, with fabric paint as a Plan B. I started it yesterday, and it seems to be going well so far. It was reeeeally fiddly, and wasn’t helped by the fact that I had too much caffeine yesterday. It’s a pretty small design, but I patiently sat and hand-stitched the edges. And my fingers. Now I’m just hoping that I don’t stuff up the rest of it…

Photobucket

3. Make a straightener cosy

I came across this fab (and really clever) tutorial on how to make a heat-resistant case for your hair straightener. It’s so simple and obvious that I was tempted to slap my forehead once I read it. Why didn’t I think of that?

4. Alter and mend some clothing

I’ve already got a head-start on this one, and only have a few little bits and pieces left to do. Hurrah for a completely thrifted wardrobe! This is one that I prepared earlier.

Photobucket

Do I look like I work in a bank? Yes, I do. Do I love it? Yes. Yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...