Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bringing The Trash To The Craft

Saturday just gone was our May Made With Love market bazaar, and what a day it was. Our dress-up theme this time was trashy housewives (in honour of Mother's Day). I cannot describe to you how much I actually enjoyed deliberately dressing like a trashbag. Although one thing that we collectively figured out is that it actually takes a bit of work to look trashy. You can't just roll out of bed - oh no! Leading me to wonder exactly how long some people I see around take to get ready. They must get up WAY early to look that trashy.

Photobucket
Baby Boudoir

In the interests of having properly smudged makeup, Michelle applied her makeup the night before, and slept with it on. Fool proof, right? We've all done it. You end up looking like an emo with a clown wig. Or is that just me? But no, her makeup rubbed right off during the night.

Photobucket
Avy Loves Ned

I was concerned as to the welfare of my new pillowcases, so I applied my makeup just before going in for a shower on Saturday morning. Seriously, it never fails. I've done it before, and then was subsequently informed that I looked like Alice Cooper. And lo and behold - my makeup washed off. I'm telling you - it's hard to look trashy.

Photobucket
Lisaloo

I also had to deliberately put a ladder in my tights. It made my heart cry. For years you spend every day wearing tights with the innate fear that certain ladder-hood will befall them if you so much as move the wrong way. It made me sad to do it, but I laddered them like nobody's business.

Photobucket
Nom nom nom

Anyway, costumes aside, it was a great day. We had the usual suspects, plus some fancy sushi and homemade pasta. I had sushi for breakfast, chocolate for morning tea, and homemade pasta for lunch. And I wonder why my jeans don't fit. But hey - I'm a trashbag. I'm allowed.

Photobucket
Extra nom nom nom

We also had the excessively radtacular Naomi with us, recording the day with her fancy picture machine. Naomi is a fab photographer, and also has a heart-warming turn of phrase - you can check her blog out here. And she did all of this for us for the price of a beer. What a chick.

Photobucket
Clever Zebra Designs

Photobucket
Turning Trixie

Photobucket
And a little more Turning Trixie

Photobucket
New cards by, you guessed it - Turning Trixie

Photobucket
Claire

Photobucket
Michelle, Claire and I

Photobucket
Michelle and random handy child

Photobucket
Fishwives

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you say the nicest things! Lovely post, glad you liked the photos!

    And what can I say - I'm nothing if not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY??? Why did you pick the picture of me with vein coming out my neck???

    Hahhahahahah Good times...sexy times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...