Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

Photobucket
Damn it. I forgot to pack my plastic hair-protection unit.

I think. I'm leaving on a plane of some sort. What's the difference between a plane and a jet plane?

Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to good old Syd-er-ney town. This week I've been able to curb my propensity to giggle hysterically, which is good. I've been working on that. The only downside to this is that for 2 weeks I'll be having what the cool kids are calling a "blog-cation", and won't be posting anything (unless I manage to stealth someone's laptop while I'm gone).

I've been packing over the past couple of days (Michelle calls me anal - I prefer the term relaxation-challenged), and have been thinking about the things that are absolutely vital on a trip. Of course, there's always the requisite underwear, pj's and toothbrush (which then just makes me think of Tim Ferguson flailing himself around a bad television set), but what about the things that you really need just to keep you from stabbing the annoying person sitting next to you on the plane with a spork?

MP3 PLAYER

Photobucket

Please note how I didn't say i-Pod. I do not own an i-Pod. I do not want an i-Pod. I have a Samsung MP3 player, which, even though the skip button has broken and I can no longer skip tracks that I put on there for reasons unknown to me, and EVEN THOUGH I lost the driver for it so I can't change what's on there, I like it. Plain and simple. I don't need to get all fancy about this stuff. The only thing that occasionally gets to me is that I must have been going through a big metal music stage when I put stuff on there. I don't think that people appreciate moshing on planes.

BOOKS

Photobucket

I read books. A lot. It's part of my day-to-day life, and I feel quite bereft if I don't get a chance during the day to disappear into someone else's world, however briefly. And how am I supposed to get to sleep without reading first? How?! It's madness, just madness. I've read some fantastic books lately, that I highly recommend for any trips you may go on (even if it's just a trip from your bedroom to your lounge room - take one of these books with you).

Photobucket

Yep, there's a gimp on the cover. Please don't let this deter you (unless you're into gimps - in which case just roll with it). I've been getting into more books with men as the main protagonist lately, and this is a great example of one of them. Honest, amusing, and using more than a little bit of black humour, this is a cracker of a book (as long as you don't mind the occasional use of words such as "gimp mask" and "spanking paddle").

Photobucket

This book kind of reminded me of Bridget Jones's Diary (a book that I reread the other day. I love it). It's not written in diary-form or anything, but the main character is fantastic, and easy to relate to. She's says what you're thinking, worries about the same things, and still maintains fantastic humour. Definitely worth a read, with a great happy ending. But not the sort of happy ending that you might get after a massage at a dodgy massage parlour.

Photobucket

Another male main character, this book actually skips between 2 guys. It's really well done, and shows the difference in thinking about the same issues. I'm actually doing a terrible job in talking this book up... It's a fantastic book. It's funny. Please just get it. Read it. Thank me later.

HAIR STRAIGHTENER

Photobucket

Ok, so this has nothing to do with your likelihood of stabbing someone. Unless they make an unfavourable comment on your hair that you've been battling with to behave itself. Western Sydney is VERY humid at this time of year and my hair has issues on the best of days, requiring 24-hour adult supervision. Humidity is not my friend. As well as my trusty straightener, I have also packed various restraining devices such as hairbands, bobby pins and a kerchief. I don't want to scare the natives.

And that's all I can think of.

So, until next time, I wish you a fond goodbye. Thanks for your support so far, and not making fun of me. I appreciate that. I hope that you keep well and safe, and I will inundate you with crap when I get home.

Tally-ho!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...