Wednesday, June 22, 2011

With Legs Aquiver

Style Crush

Ramona from Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I watched this movie for the first time the other day, and got a few giggles, but the main high point for me was being introduced to the style of Ramona Flowers. And now I realise where I've been going wrong all of these years. Now on my shopping list: awesome boots, awesome tights, and an awesome sweater. Don't worry - I'm all over it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog Crush(es)

Photobucket

The other day whilst doing some blog-hopping (a time consuming sport, characterised by procrastination and numerous cups of coffee) I came across the wonder that is The Beetle Shack. A bit crafty, a lot arty, funny, warm and a member of the cutest damn family you'll ever see, Emily is pretty awesome.

Photobucket

And of course, from her blog I hopped on over to Tim Coulson. Tim is a photographer over on the mainland, and his photography is just incredible. Not only that, but he's a fab writer too. He does the sweetest family photos. It just makes me want to steal a child and a man, so that I can have rad family portraits like that.

Artist Crush

Again, a result of site/blog-hopping. I stumbled across the ridiculously talented Courtney Brims. A Brisbane-girl, she holds more talent than it is surely healthy to. I've fallen head over heels for her artworks, and bought a set of her greeting cards so that I can hang them on my wall. My favourite artwork involves a rabbit, a flower, and a teacup. Honestly, is there any other way to combine so much coolness in one spot??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Images from Courtney Brims}

Fictional Character Crush

Because every well-adjusted person gets a crush on a fictional character. Jon Marshall from the Nick Earls' novel Perfect Skin is just.... dreamy. Well-written, he's got a dry sense of humour, he's intelligent, he's complex (but not ridiculously so), and best of all - he looks however I want him to.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is one of my favouritest movies evah.

    Have you seen Kick Ass yet? (I can't remember if we talked about this, there's always a lot of talking to remember.) If not, do it. Do it NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...