Sunday, October 17, 2010

Goodbye, Old Friend

Well. What an eventful week. That I didn’t *ahem* get a chance to blog during. The lack of blogging has absolutely nothing to do with laziness…

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge the removal of one of my piercings. It’s all very sad. I had a dermal piercing on my sternum that I’d had for over 2 years, and over the past few weeks it has been making itself known and growing out. I finally reached the difficult decision during the week to have it removed. I hate having piercings taken out – it feels like the death of a friend (albeit slightly less dramatic). One of those friends that are really cool to be around, occasionally irritate the hell out of you, but are always there – whether they’re hidden or not. And now I’m in mourning for my friend. Have I taken this analogy too far? Perhaps.

Photobucket

And what an adventure it ended up being to have it removed. After about 5 phone calls I found out that they don’t even DO dermal piercings in Burnie (which panicked me a bit… where am I going to go for my next piercing???), so I had to go to the doctor, wait there for half an hour, then be referred to the skin clinic. Where I waited for about an hour, and was then put through a few minutes of quite intense pain. But it’s ok – I’m tough. No, really. I am.

My Friday consisted of breaking into a building with bolt cutters, restraining an angry cat, and being a barmaid. All while doing volunteer work for the RSPCA. While I was using the bolt cutters I had to cut through a padlock, which is actually not the easiest feat. Considering that they’re made so that that can’t happen. But anyway, once my muscular, strongwoman-esque task was finished, I was standing there in my grey sweater with the hood up, rain drizzling down, and I got the Rocky theme song stuck in my head. I may have also jumped around with my arms above my head.

Photobucket

And today we went out to Table Cape to check out the tulip farm there. I am, admittedly, not much of a gardening person, although I do have the enviable skill of killing plants with just a glance. Even without an avid horticultural interest, it was still pretty rad. Lots of tulips (funnily enough).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recreational outings aside, I have managed to also get some crafting done during the week. I’ve done a layout on the photos of Michelle and I twirling, because we’re just so damned cute. Stop laughing – you know it’s true. I’ve used the lovely The Girls Paperie “Paper Girl” range. I just looooove the paper with the cabbage flowers on it. I’ve also used a cute Jodie Butler flower that I picked up a while ago – she makes the best floral goodies.

Photobucket

The second layout is of my brother and I on a carousel when we were just youngin’s. I’ve used the Fancy Pants “Road Show” range. And another Jodie Butler flower. The book page is from a Golden Book. I was sure that while I was ripping the page from the Golden Book I was going to be struck down by lightning – it’s one of the cardinal sins isn’t it? The blue circle behind the title is actually a coaster that I bought at an op-shop a few months ago. I knew it’d come in handy sometime.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...